In order to best serve you and all of our clients, hospital policies have been established to ensure that your visit with us is enjoyable, informative and efficient. Here are a few simple reminders and instructions to ensure that your visit with us is enjoyable, informative and efficient.You can download a PDF version of this policy here.
2020 Hospital Policy & Procedures
- Appointment Scheduling Policy– ALL clinic hours are by scheduled appointment only and may change without prior notification.– We request at least a 24-hour notice of cancellation if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment. This allows us to schedule another patient in that time period, so they may receive the attention and therapy that they require in a timely manner. We reserve the right to charge the full examination fee for “no show” appointments or “last minute” cancellations. We may also require prepayment to reserve future appointment times for repeated missed appointments.
– As a courtesy reminder, we provide a confirmation call the day prior to your scheduled appointment. If you do not receive this reminder, PLEASE CALL our office to assure you are on our schedule for the same date and time that you have written down.
- Hospital Safety Policy All patients must be restrained while on the premises of Ness Exotic Wellness Center. Birds, cats and exotic pets need to remain in a cage or carrier when not in the examination room. Dogs must remain on leash while on premises, except in the examination room.
- Exam for Services Policy – An examination at our office is required within 6 months, or sooner as deemed necessary by the doctor, for patients requiring repeated medical procedures, laboratory testing, or prescription refills. This includes, but not limited to, rabbits and guinea pigs for dental procedures, as well as ferrets for blood glucose rechecks or hormone injections.– An annual examination at our office is required within 12 months, or sooner as deemed necessary by the doctor, of any grooming procedure, such as nail, wing and beak trims.
- Holistic Evaluation Policy – Prepayment is required to reserve ALL Holistic Evaluation and Follow-Up appointments. Please have a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) available when calling for these appointments. Holistic evaluation and follow up appointments cannot be cancelled but may be rescheduled with a 2-business day notification.– A Holistic Evaluation is required at least annually for ongoing Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Laser or other manipulative therapy. A Holistic Follow-Up may be required earlier as directed by the doctor due to medical considerations.
– A Holistic Follow-Up Evaluation is required approximately every 6 months for ongoing Herbal formulations, Nutraceuticals, Homeopathic and other holistic supplements for medicinal purposes and a full Holistic Evaluation every 12 months for ongoing maintenance supplements.
- Prescription Refill Policy Please call in advance and allow at least 24 hours for prescription refills. Please inform the staff if the dosage has been changed since the last refill and verify the dose that you are administering.
- Boarding Policy – All boarders must have a Health Examination within 6 months and blood work (CBC & Chemistry Profile) within past 12 months prior to boarding with us.Birds must have a negative Psittacosis Test within the past 2 years.
Reptiles are required to have a negative Fecal Examination.
Bearded Dragons must have a negative Atadenovirus test.
Ferrets must have current vaccinations or titers for Rabies and Distemper.
– Ness Exotic will not board animals with the following conditions for the safety of other boarders:
Birds- Positive Psittacosis
Bearded Dragons- Positive Atadenovirus or clinical Yellow Fungus
Rabbits- Clinical E. Cuniculi
Ferrets- Non-vaccinated for Rabies and/or appropriate titers
ALL TESTING IS TO BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO BOARDING. (Some testing requires 2 weeks to complete)
– Medical Boarding is available to current patients with ongoing maintenance medications, such as prednisone for a ferret with insulinoma or glucosamine supplementation for arthritic rabbits. Please supply your pet’s medications and treatment schedule.
- Emergency Policy – If you are experiencing an emergency during business hours, please avoid the temptation to rush immediately to the hospital. Call our office first and we will do our best to accommodate you with a scheduled appointment. If a regular appointment is not available, we will arrange for a daytime emergency appointment (for an additional fee) when it is physically possible for our doctors to tend to the scheduled patients as well as your pet. Upon arrival, the patient will be brought into the treatment area to be assessed.– Ness Exotic Wellness Center provides limited after hour emergency services exclusively for our clients. We have a doctor on call from close until 11pm on regular work days Monday through Saturday and noon until 11pm on Sundays and major holidays. The Ness Exotic emergency phone number is for client use only, which will be made available on your Clinic Invoice. If the assessment requires advanced treatment, the doctor may provide contacts for a fully staffed emergency care facility. Please inform the emergency clinic to forward notes to the clinic to facilitate transfer of the case back to Ness Exotic for continued care.
- Payment Policy – Payment is due and expected at the time of service. This includes appointments, hospitalization, surgery, medication, food or product purchases, or any services that have been provided. Hospitalized and surgical patients are required to leave a payment equal to 50% of the estimate provided as a deposit to proceed with medical services.– Ness Exotic Wellness Center accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover as payment methods. We do not make payment plans, but rather offer Care Credit, which must be applied for and approved by their credit company, if other means of payment are not available.